We meet at the Royal British Legion Club in Ferndown on the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of the month
We are people just like you, men and women, who have decided to give back something to the community, and enjoy working together with others to help those less fortunate than themselves. We also organise some social events, to create fun in their caring attitude.
As a member of a Lions Club, you become aware of the needs of our community and have the advantage to effectively make a difference.
Our Club provides volunteers with project management assistance, leadership training, personal development opportunities, and organized fund raising programs. Being a Lion empowers you to help others in a way no one person could alone.
We are members of Lions Clubs International, which is the largest Volunteer Service Organisation in the World with a universal motto of “WE SERVE”.
Membership is by invitation and we have some 1.3 million members worldwide, in 35,000 Clubs within 202 countries.
In the British Isles, we have some 19,000 members in 900 Clubs.
What do we do?
Locally, our activities have included the provision of:-
- Outings for people with learning difficulties.
- Caravan holidays for the disabled – see our web page.
- ” Message in a bottle” – see our web page.
- Christmas food parcels for the elderly & those in need.
- Wheel chairs for the elderly.
- Support for local youth groups activities – see our web page
- Providing Life Skills programs to our Schools
- Support for the Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance.
- Support for Julia\’s House children\’s Hospice.
- Equipment for the Royal Bournemouth, Poole and Wimborne Hospitals.
- Plus many other ways of supporting people, or groups, in need.
Our local website is http://www.wimborneandferndownlions.org.uk/
|Club name:Wimborne and Ferndown Website 0845 833 5828|
|Meeting Place:||The Royal British Legion
|Business meeting details:||19:30, First Tuesday|
If you would prefer to receive information outside of a meeting, please contact:-
Lion Godwin Micallef, Membership Chairman, Tel: 01202 870791, Mob:07709-273787 or email Godwin